Fainting usually occurs due to lack of adequate blood supply to the brain.
If you ever encounter an individual who has fainted; Dr. Pradhip Shah of www.healthsite.com suggests the following:
1. Ensure the person is lying in a supine position (on back) with legs elevated as this increases the blood flow to the brain.
2. Call for assistance immediately. If the place is crowded, move the individual to a location that has increased ventilation.
3. If the person is wearing tight clothing, loosen the clothing as well as belts, scarves, and collars to increase the blood flow.
4. Try to revive the person by talking loudly to him or her and calling their name, feel the pulse, check the breathing to ensure that the person is breathing normally and not gasping for air.
5. Sometimes a person might faint from being in the sun too long, from being stressed, and/or even traveling for work and becoming dehydrated. After the person regains consciousness, give the individual a drink with electrolytes or even fruit juice or water with salt and sugar mixed in.
6. Ensure that the person rests for at least 30 minutes prior to regaining normal activity levels.
In 90% of cases, the person who faints will regain consciousness within a minute or two. However, if a person fails to do so, Call 911 Immediately!!