"Diligence, discipline and strong encouragement for learning CPR and first aid led a trio of Minnesota electric cooperative employees to save the life of a guest speaker who collapsed during his recent presentation.
Lancaster and two others rushed to the victim’s aid. Lancaster was at his head; Dustin Privette, safety administrator, and Wade Aanderud, plant operations leader, went to each side.
Following CPR protocol, Lancaster tried to talk to the victim—whose name the co-op is withholding for confidentiality purposes—but got no response."
Within minutes after starting compressions, the victim showed signs of life, said Lancaster, who was about to use the AED device but got a “do not shock” signal, an indicator of a pulse."