And remember to use these following safety precautions when using fireworks and celebrating with family and friends.
1. Never give fireworks to small children
2. Always follow the instructions on the packaging
3. Keep a supply of water close by as a precaution
4. Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection
5. Light only one firework at a time and never attempt to relight "a dud"
6. Store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from children and pets
7. Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials
Happy Fourth of July!
Tracy A. Jones is an American Heart Association Master Program Trainer, Instructor, & AHA Faculty Member located in San Antonio, Texas.