12 CPR Facts That Everyone Should Know!
1. Both compressions and breaths are critical necessities in drowning, choking, drug overdoses, and pediatric CPR.
2. If you perform CPR, you can triple the person’s chance of survival.
3. Compressions should be performed at a rate of 100-120/min. (to the beat of staying alive)
4. For every minute that someone is unconscious and not breathing without CPR, they have a 10% less chance of survival.
5. 383,000 people suffer from cardiac arrest each year.
6. If someone is in cardiac arrest, CPR can only make the situation better.
7. The longest successful CPR save is 96 minutes long!
8. Many AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) will talk you through how to perform CPR with the press of a button.
9. The compression to ventilation ratio is 30 compressions to 2 breaths. Did you know that taking a CPR class can be done in less time than most movies?
10. Children as young as 9 have saved the lives of others with CPR.
11. With widespread access to AEDs at least 40,000 lives would be saved each year.
12. The life you save with CPR could most likely be a family member or loved one.
If you would like to become EMPOWERED with the knowledge of lifesaving skills; give Help-A-Heart CPR a call today to register for a CPR or First Aid class. You never know when the opportunity might arise that you'll need those skills.
Dr. Tracy A. Jones is the CEO of Help-A-Heart CPR, LLC and an American Heart Association, ASHI, and American Red Cross Master Program Trainer, Instructor, & AHA Faculty Member located in San Antonio, Texas.